The Siracusa Institute is pleased to present its Faculty for the Second Specialization Course for Junior Prosecutors on International Criminal Justice and International Cooperation in Criminal Matters (SCJP), organised in partnership with the International Association of Prosecutors. SCJP 2017 will be held from 3-14 July in Siracusa.
The Siracusa Institute has been overwhelmed by the interest in this year’s program, with applications received from 56 countries.
The Faculty for SCJP 2017 is comprised of:
- Ms Silke Albert, Crime Prevention Expert, Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling Section, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
- Ms Laurel Baig, Senior Appeals Counsel, United Nations Mechanism for International Criminal Tribunals.
- Mr Thomas Burrows, Associate Director for Europe and Senior Counsel for Multilateral Affairs, Office of International Affairs, US Department of Justice.
- Mr Gavin Corn, Director of Law Enforcement Outreach and Associate General Counsel, Facebook.
- Ms Reena Devgun, Senior Public Prosecutor, International Public Prosecution Office, Swedish Prosecution Agency.
- Mr Mariano Federici, President, Argentinian Financial Intelligence Unit.
- Ms Karen Friedman-Agnifilo, Chief Assistant District Attorney, New York County District Attorney’s Office and former Chair, New York City Anti Human Trafficking Task Force.
- Ms Gail Kent, Global Public Policy Manager, Facebook.
- Mr Jan Kerkhofs, Federal Magistrate, Belgium Federal Prosecutor’s Office.
- Mr Nadim Kyriakos-Saad, Assistant General Counsel and Head, Financial Integrity Group, International Monetary Fund.
- Judge Bernard Leroy, Director, Institute of Research against Counterfeit Medicines and former Deputy General Prosecutor, Versailles Court of Appeal.
- Professor Katalin Ligeti, Professor of European and International Criminal Law, University of Luxembourg.
- Mr François Molins, Paris District Chief Prosecutor.
- Mr Han Moraal, Acting Secretary-General, International Association of Prosecutors, Chairman, Global Prosecutors E-Crime Network, and National Member for the Netherlands, Eurojust.
- Dr Alfredo Nunzi, Director, Department of Administration, European Police Office (EUROPOL).
- Mr Sabin Ouellet, Chief Prosecutor, Department of External Affairs, Security and Development, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions of Québec and President, International Association of Francophone Prosecutors.
- Judge Kimberly Prost, Chef de Cabinet to the President of the International Criminal Court, former Judge of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, and former Ombudsperson to the United Nations Security Council ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida Sanctions Committee.
- Judge Franco Roberti, Italian National Anti-Mafia Prosecutor.
- Professor William Schabas, Professor of International Law, Middlesex University.
- Judge Jean-François Thony, President, Siracusa Institute and Prosecutor General, Court of Appeals of the Alsace Region, France.
- Mr Frédéric Van Leeuw, Chief Crown Prosecutor, Belgian Federal Prosecutor’s Office.
- Professor Gert Vermeulen, Full Professor of European and International Criminal Law, Ghent University and Director, Institute for International Research on Criminal Policy.
SCJP 2017 is made possible with the collaboration and generous support of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development (MAEDI), National Attorneys General Training and Research Institute (NAGTRI), International Institute of Research Against Counterfeit Medicines and International Association of Penal Law (IAPL).