On December 1st, the ninth training course for PhD Doctors and Candidates on Criminal Law and Procedure “Giuliano Vassalli” was successfully concluded. Organized by the Siracusa International Institute -in collaboration with the Italian group of the International Association of Penal Law (AIDP)- the 2018 edition was focused on the issue of the convoluted relationship between penal systems and new technologies. Approximately 70 PhD candidates and doctors came from several Italian universities to study on:
- Penal law in Cyberspace;
- Penal law and freedom of expression in the Internet;
- Financial Cybercrime;
- The protection of privacy in cyberspace; and
- New technologies and penal process.
The three days of training ended with the final greetings of the Judge Jean-François Thony, President of the Siracusa International Institute. Moreover, Professor Stefano Manacorda, University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli and member of the Executive Committee the AIDP, Professor Francesco Viganò, Judge of the Constitutional Court, and Professor Paola Severino, Vice-President of the Institute and President of the Italian group of the AIDP addressed the audience with their interventions.
During the closing ceremony the four best abstracts presented by each participant were also awarded.
The winners are:
- Ms. Gaia Caneschi – L. Bocconi University;
- Ms. Anna Costantini – University of Turin;
- Mr. Edoardo Mazzanti – Sant’Anna School of Pisa;
- Mr. Fabio Nicolicchia – University of Ferrara.