As a result of its 50-year worldwide experience in organizing educational programs in the fields of international criminal justice and human rights, in 2022 the Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights will increase its range of educational activities by conducting a new e-learning program. E-learning has completely transformed the way in which learning is imparted; unlike traditional methods of teaching, e-learning makes learning simpler, easier, and more effective. Participants will be able to engage in an immersive digital learning environment ensuring synchronous interaction with and amongst lecturers and participants in the comfort of their own home or office and at an affordable cost.
The topics of each course will fall within one these areas:
- International Criminal Law
- International Cooperation in Criminal Matters
- Human Rights and Criminal Justice
A panel of renowned professors and experts from international Universities and institutions engaged in the field of international criminal law and international cooperation in criminal matters will ensure the highest quality of education.
- Recent graduates in Law, Political Science, International Relations, or related fields.
- Young professionals and practitioners within the international legal/political field.
LENGTH & WORKING HOURS
Each course will last 3-days for a total of 12 hours, scheduled approximately between h. 12 and h. 19 CET:
- Day 1: 2-hour
- Day 2: 5 hours
- Day 3: 5 hours
Some courses may include asynchronous activities (pre-recorded sessions).
PLATFORM & LANGUAGE
- The courses will be broadcast live on Zoom.
- The course material and other relevant resources will be available on an online platform.
- During the course and for one week after the broadcast, participants will have access to video recordings of all daily sessions.
- The courses will be held in English.
REGISTRATION & COSTS
- To register to one or more courses, please semnd your CV to email@example.com
- The registration cost for each course is € 300. If a participant registers for more courses, the registration cost from the 3rd course onwards will be € 200.
- Upon completion of the course, participants shall receive a certificate of participation. Moreover, participants who would like to receive the Diploma of the Siracusa International Institute must attend a minimum of 3 courses and take a final written examination.
If an online course is cancelled or postponed because the minimum number of participants has not been reached, the participant can request a full refund or receive a voucher – valid for 12 months – to follow another online course. If a participant cancels his/her participation, the registration costs cannot be refunded. However, the participant will receive a voucher – valid for 12 months – to follow another online course.
CALENDAR OF THE ONLINE COURSES (click on the titles for more info):
17-19 June 2022: Genocide
24-26 June 2022: International Criminal Evidence
21-23 October 2022: Understanding Modes of Individual Criminal Responsibility