The Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights is pleased to launch its 2023 E-Learning Program on:
– International Criminal Law
– International Cooperation in Criminal Matters
– Human Rights and Criminal Justice
The course targets:
– Recent graduates in Law, Political Science, International Relations, or related fields
– Young professionals and practitioners within the international legal/political field
but it is open to all those who might be interested to expand their knowledge in the topics targeted.
A panel of renowned professors and experts from international Universities and institutions engaged in the field of international criminal law and international cooperation in criminal matters will ensure the highest quality of education.
Each course will last 3 days for a total of 12 hours (2 hours on day 1, 5 hours on day 2 and 3), scheduled approximately between h. 12 and h. 19 CET.
The courses will be broadcast live on Zoom. The course material and other relevant resources will be available on an online platform. During the course and for one week after the broadcast, participants will have access to video recordings of all daily sessions.
Upon completion of the course, participants shall receive a certificate of participation. Moreover, participants who would like to receive the Diploma of the Siracusa International Institute must attend a minimum of 3 courses and take a final written examination.
Participants who have registered and attended a minimum of 3 courses, will receive admittance and a 30% discount on their participation to the next Specialization Course on International Criminal Law for Young Penalists, to be held in Siracusa, Italy, in May/June 2024
REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION POLICY
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM
- The registration cost for each course is € 300. If a participant registers for more courses, the registration cost from the 3rd course onwards will be € 200.
- The registration cost for parTicipants from developing and less developed countries will be € 150; the registration cost from the 3rd course onwards will be € 100.
- If an online course is cancelled or postponed because the minimum number of participants has not been reached, the participant can request a full refund or receive a voucher – valid for 12 months – to follow another online course. If a participant cancels his/her participation, the registration costs cannot be refunded but the participant will receive a voucher – valid for 12 months – to follow another online course.
CALENDAR OF THE ONLINE COURSES (click on the titles for more info):
23-25 June 2023: Genocide
7-9 July 2023: International Criminal Evidence
21-23 July 2023: Digital Rights
6-8 October 2023: International Law and the Conflict in Ukraine
20-22 October 2023: Understanding Modes of Individual Criminal Responsibility
Other courses (dates and details will be communicated shortly):
- History of International Criminal Law
- International Criminal Court: A View from the Bench