The Second Specialization Course for Junior Prosecutors on International Criminal Justice and International Cooperation in Criminal Justice Matters
July 3-14, 2017 in Siracusa, Italy
The Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights (Siracusa Institute) is pleased to open applications for the Second Specialization Course for Junior Prosecutors on International Criminal Justice and International Cooperation in Criminal Justice Matters. This Specialization Course will be held in Siracusa, Italy from July 3 – 14, 2017.
For more information and registration details, please visit the relevant section of this website. We note that a limited number of scholarships are available for SCJP 2017. Interested applicants should indicate in the online registration form that they wish to be considered for our scholarship program.
Development of the Specialization Course for Junior Prosecutors
Drawing on its considerable expertise in international criminal justice and the fight against transnational crimes, the Siracusa Institute has taken the lead in developing a new, globally-oriented training program – the Specialization Course for Junior Prosecutors. This Specialization Course is specifically designed for prosecutors and related criminal justice professionals. It is the only training program of its kind worldwide.
The Specialization Course for Junior Prosecutors is co-organized with the International Association of Prosecutors (IAP). It has been made possible with the collaboration and support of the International Association of Penal Law (AIDP) and National Attorneys General Training and Research Institute (NAGTRI), among other partners.
It has been developed by the Siracusa Institute, together with leading international practitioners and jurists, including:
- Judge Jean-François Thony, Prosecutor General, Court of Appeals of the Alsace Region, President, Siracusa Institute, Member, IAP Executive Committee and Executive Vice-President, AIDP.
- Professor M. Cherif Bassiouni, Honorary President, Siracusa Institute and Emeritus Professor of Law DePaul University.
- Baron Dr. Serge Brammertz,Chief Prosecutor, International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.
- Dr. Rasmus Wandall, General Counsel, IAP.
- Ms. Laurel Baig, Senior Appeals Counsel, UN Mechanism for International Criminal Tribunals.
- Ms Elizabeth Howe, President, International Legal Assistance Consortium.
- Ms. Edith Van den Broeck, Senior Legal Advisor, International Association of Prosecutors.