Between May 17th and 19th, the Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights is joining the GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum 2018. GLOBSEC is a global think-tank committed to “enhancing security, prosperity and sustainability and throughout the world” and its forum is one of the leading international conferences on global security, as well as one of the most important hubs for connecting political, academic, non-governmental and business sectors. Mr. Filippo Musca, Deputy Director General and Mr. Tobias Freeman, Senior Legal Officer, are attending the initiative in Bratislava.
This edition of the GLOBSEC Forum is focused on several keys issues including:
- Terrorist groups and the use of social media to recruit members as well as to coordinate attacks;
- Instability in the Middle East and related global security issues;
- Transatlantic Relations;
- Relations between democracy and uncontrolled propaganda on the web;
- The Future of the European Union;
- Security challenges and threats posed by globalization, including inequality, radicalization and migration.
The official welcome at the Forum was given this morning by H.E. Miroslav Lajčák, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic and President of the 72nd Session of the United Nations General Assembly, whereas the opening speech was made by H.E. Andrej Kisja, President of the Slovak Republic.