The Siracusa Institute is pleased to confirm that Mr François Molins, Paris Chief Prosecutor, and Mr Frédéric Van Leeuw, Belgian Federal Prosecutor, will speak at our Second Specialization Course for Junior Prosecutors in Siracusa, 3-14 July 2017. On the topic “International Cooperation on Terrorism“, they will discuss their joint investigations and prosecutions relating to the recent attacks in Paris and Brussels.
Mr Molins and Mr Van Leeuw join a strong faculty of leading experts in international criminal justice, the prosecution of transnational crimes and international legal cooperation. To date, confirmed speakers include:
- Judge Jean-François Thony, President, Siracusa Institute and Prosecutor General, Court of Appeals of the Alsace region.
- Judge Kimberly Prost, Chef du Cabinet to the President of the International Criminal Court, former Judge of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, and former UN Ombudsperson to the ISIL and Al-Qaida Sanctions Committee.
- Mr Han Moraal, Acting Secretary-General, International Association of Prosecutors, Chairman, Global Prosecutors E-Crime Network, and National Member for the Netherlands, Eurojust.
- Judge Franco Roberti, Italian National Anti-Mafia Prosecutor.
- Ms Laurel Baig, Senior Appeals Counsel, United Nations Mechanism for International Criminal Tribunals.
- Professor William Schabas, Professor of International Law, Middlesex University.
- Ms Esther George, Independent Cybercrime and Digital Evidence Consultant.
- Mr Sabin Ouellet, Chief Prosecutor, Department of External Affairs, Security and Developments, Office of the Québec Director of Public Prosecutions.
- Ms Karen Friedman-Agnifilo, Chief Assistant District Attorney, New York County District Attorney’s Office and former Chair, New York City Anti Human Trafficking Task Force.
- Professor Gert Vermeulen, Full Professor of European and International Criminal Law, and Director, Institute for International Research on Criminal Policy.
- Ms Elizabeth Howe, President, International Legal Assistance Consortium, and former General Counsel, International Association of Prosecutors.
- Judge Bernard Leroy, Director, Institute of Research against Counterfeit Medicines and former Deputy General Prosecutor, Versailles Court of Appeal
- Ms Silke Albert, Global Programme on Trafficking in Persons, UN Office on Drugs and Crime
- Professor Katalin Ligeti, Professor of European and International Criminal Law, University of Luxembourg.