On November 12, 2019, Mr. Ezechia Paolo Reale, Secretary General of The Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights and Ms. Stefania Lentinello, Program Officer, attended the 5th Steering Committe of the project “Transfer Radicalisation Approaches in Training” (TRAin TRAINING) in Rome. The Steering Committe was held at the “Scuola Superiore dell’Esecuzione Penale“, within the Directorate-General for Education and Training of the Italian Prison Administration Department.
During the Steering Committee, the Consortium Agreement was signed by most of the partners of the project. The consortium comprises the following partners:
- Italian Ministry of Justice;
- Università di Napoli, L’Orientale;
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore;
- The Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights;
- Italian Superior Council of Magistracy;
- Instituut voor Gerechtelijke opleiding- Institut de Formation Judiciaire (IGO);
- Italian Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- General Directorate Execution of Sentences (P&P Bulgaria);
- University of Padova.
The TRAin TRAINING project, which is funded by the European Commission, is aimed at enhancing knowledge on the phenomenon of radicalization in prison and probation (PP), and at providing professionals with skills to interpret and promptly identify signs of violent radicalization.
Launched in 2018, the project already trained more than 2800 practitioners (PP, judges, police officers, healthcare staff, teachers, chaplains, etc.) and more than 800 policy-makers/stakeholders on the risk assessment protocol developed within the previous project “Raising Awareness and Staff Mobility on violent RADicalisation in Prison and Probation services (RASMORAD).
The results achieved through the project will be illustrated in the final conference which is scheduled on January 2020 in Rome.